We left KTM on the morning of May 29 and arrived in KL on the morning of May 30, my birthday!!! We had a 10 hour layover in Delhi, India that was very boring. We were stuck in a holding area with no money and no way of getting any to by food. Luckily we had some snacks. I was never so happy to get on an airplane.
My dad met us in KL so it was nice to have him to show us around. We are staying in a real hotel and not a hostel so we are getting spoiled!!! We can NOT get used to this. For my birthday we walked around town and went to see the twin towers they have here. They are huge. After that we went to a fish spa. That's right a fish spa. They have these big tanks you put your feet in and these little fish eat the skin off your feet. It is the craziest sensation. It doesn't hurt at all, it feels like vibrating on your feet and tickles. It takes a minute to get used to. After that I had a foot massage that really hit the spot.
For dinner all I wanted was Outback and there was one right next to the hotel. I finally got my steak and backed potato, and blooming onion and a brownie with ice cream. Over all a great birthday!!!
We headed to China town for shopping but I came back empty handed. Hard to believe I went shopping in a market and did not buy one thing. Tomorrow we plan to go to some caves and then we head to Singapore by train.
I really like it here and would like to come back again to see the rest of Malaysia. It is beautiful but really hot and humid, like home but on high. The people are so nice here and the overall atmosphere is pleasant. I got to speak some Chinese while I was here so that was really exciting for me. What was even better, the guy understood me!!!
Curious to see what Singapore will bring.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment